Nov 5, 2014

LESSology Challenge #42: Creative inspiration of Julie Tucker-Wolek

 photo Challenge-42-Monogram-design-team-projects_zpsadf81bd4.jpg

Getting busy with your monogram projects for LESSology Challenge #42: Monogram? Shall we see how design team member Julie Tucker-Wolek interpreted this challenge?


Julie Tucker-Wolek photo Design-team-member-Julie.gif

Hi everyone! :) 

Julie with you here today sharing my take on this months challenge :)

I started with the AWESOME pine cones that a co-worker gave me (her boyfriend was going to throw them away!!)  YIKES!!! Thank goodness my co-worker thought to ask me first if I wanted them ... ummmmm hello?!?!? YES!!!! :) 

They are HUGE .... I put a 12 inch (1 foot) ruler next to it so you could see how big they are!





Then I had this big raw wood frame that I got on clearance at Michael's ($1.99!!!!)  -- I painted this a brown :)



Throw in some small silk leaves that I got at the Dollar Store ... 



Some large metal monograms that I got on clearance at Michael's (I spray painted them a brick color)  ... and what's even better, I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but there are brackets on these to hang them up ... well... I needed an "A" (for my son Adam), and Michael's only had a "G" ... so I turned it backwards, and POOF! an "A"!! :)  and same goes for the 2 "B's" here (for Brookie and Brian) ... one is really a "D" and the other is a "P" ... flip them over and instant "B's!!!" :) 




And here is the finished project!!! A Fall wall hanging for my home :) 









And here are the monograms!!! :)


 


Since I had the holes from the brackets on the letters, I used leaves and fake acorns to cover those spots up :)






And since this is a pretty tall wall hanging, I had to have an assistant to hold up my white board for my photos ... so let's give a round of applause to my own personal Vanna White (aka .... my daughter Brookie!!!) 





12 comments:

Curls N Twirls said...

Dear Julia ,
This is really Pretty .. I love the Maple leaves and Pine cones( they are huge :) !! )...
Hugs
Remya

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Brialliant..love the idea. Lucky you managed to get an 'a' from a 'g'!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Thanks girls!! :)

Joan said...

Beautiful!!! Love how you put everything together and made such an awesome fall decor piece!!

Unknown said...

Wow!! Gorgeous project!!

SD pooja said...

You have turned the pinecones into a beautiful decor Wow !! So clever to make a from g :D !

Connie Mercer said...

love pinecones too. Great job Julie!!!

dstandard said...

How creative and pretty! Lovely assistant!

Kim said...

Julie, You are just so super creative! I wonder if you ever get any sleep! Fabulous Fall project! And Yes Vanna did a super great job!!!

Michelle said...

Pretty awesome!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Brilliant Julie!

Tone-Lill said...

This is fantastic Julie, what a great upcycled project , love it!!! :)