Jul 9, 2015

LESSology Challenge #49: Creative inspiration of Mitra Pratt


 photo Challenge-49-Woodgrain-design-team_zpsbuh1jujc.jpg

Are you enjoying the woodgrain-inspired projects so far? We sure hope so! Today's inspiration for LESSology Challenge #49: Woodgrain comes from design team member Mitra Pratt.

 photo Design-team-member-Mitra_zpse5c48df0.jpg


I have really been digging candlesticks lately...well, it might be because I keep finding really good single candlesticks at the secondhand store! And I'm pretty sure they are lonely so I take them home with me....



This one was awesome with some brassy gold and those crazy feet! I added some alcohol ink to accent the details and some dyed lace with a pretty flower. 

You might be wondering by now who exactly Mad Eye Moody is besides the character in Harry Potter. Well, we have a new pet chameleon here at Pratt Inc. that we named Mad Eye. She is exceptionally grumpy and perpetually looks around her home for her pet crickets. We would have named her something else if we had actually known she was a girl...so sometimes we call her Gizzard or Madeline...if you want to see baby photos, I blogged about her here!


My daughter made the font up for the little canvas & found the cricket graphic for me. She also pointed out that really cool metal & bead chameleon at the store that I used to perched on a real birch branch! It makes me happy every time I look at it!

What a fun project! I hope you are inspired to play along with us at LESSology for our Wood Grain challenge! I do hope it puts a smile on my grumpy lizard's face! We put it by her cage! 

3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Totally outta the box, full of fun creation.....LOVE it!!!

Connie Mercer said...

yes it is ~ only you would be so creative:)

Tone-Lill said...

This is stunning Mitra... I love you creativness and all the fab upcycling you come up with :)