Sep 7, 2016

LESSology Challenge #62: Creative inspiration of Lisa Bzibziak

 photo Challenge-62-Handmade-invitationr-Design-Team_zpsm81o0aw2.jpg

Hello friends! Ready for another round of creative inspiration for LESSology Challenge #62: Handmade invitation? Let's check out what design team member Lisa Bzibziak came up with! 


 photo Design-team-member-Lisa-Bzibziak_zpsadlosbpk.jpg

Well... this was not my plan for this challenge.  My plan was to cut out the floral part from this invite and use it on an invitation for coffee card... and when I went to actually cut it I decided the entire invite was so pretty and had an idea for a gift for the Bride & Groom. 


So I pulled out one of my handy dandy canvases and went to town.  I prepared my canvas by painting it with white gesso.  When that was dry, I modge podged the invite onto the canvas.  After that dried, I dry brushed some more white gesso over the edges of the invite. Next, I took some of my gold glitter paint and painted over the whole thing... I love that paint because it's clear and just leaves a trail of glitter.  I kind of let it be heavier in some areas than others.


My final treatment on the canvas was to use some clear texture past and my new favorite Tim Holtz Lace stencil over the parts of the canvas and since it was clear I was able to also have it go over the invite... I will do this again for sure... love the way it looks!


I then used many other parts of the invite, such as the card with location and hotel information and the strip that held it all together.  I used these for the leaves (with my new favorite leaf dies from MFT) and my plan was to have the back show because it was plain, but when I flipped them over and saw the printing on the other side I decided that was perfect because after all... it was part of the invite and that's the whole point, right?  And the "D" was over the part of the strip that held it together.


I cut out the flowers from the response card (which I obviously did not send back... slapping myself on the hand) and added some more lacy texture paste to that as well.  And my new best friend?  Inka Gold...smooshed it all over those pretty flowers and really enjoyed looking at my gold fingertips for a while...  yup... LOVE!


So... I can't wait to see what you make for this invite challenge!  Hope you play along with us this month!


3 comments:

Shylaashree said...

such a lovely invite. the flowers are gorgeous

Lizzy Hill said...

Works a treat - love how you took us through the process [& yes, Inka Gold ROCKS!!!]...& you are sooo creative!!! Love:):)

SD pooja said...

Its Beautiful..Gorgeous !