Jun 4, 2015

LESSology Challenge #48: Creative inspiration of Mitra Pratt


 photo Challenge-48-Lace-up-design-team-projects_zpst2uahfr5.jpg

Hello friends! Hope you've been enjoying the design team's showcase of projects for LESSology Challenge #48: Lace up! Shall we see what design team member Mitra Pratt has been up to?


 photo Design-team-member-Mitra_zpse5c48df0.jpg


The other day I came across a lovely black single candle stick at the second hand store. It was really heavy, smooth and oh so lonely since there was only one. I thought it would make a fantastic perch for the wooden bird my Mom gave me at Mother's Day. 



Check out what I started with for the bird. It was originally a little hanger and I couldn't settle on where to hang it. 

Love the little circle in the middle! Makes a great place to stash a pretty little purple crystal that I've been hoarding. 


My favorite part of this whole thing is the spray painted gold base with the alcohol inked peals. I only had cream colored ones and I wanted them to match, so I added alcohol ink!



Honestly the whole project came about because I wanted something to tie a nice chunk of lace on! I also wanted it to match a basket I made so I used similar flowers. I am really pleased at how it turned out!

If you get a chance, please play along with our Lace Challenge over here at LESSology!

3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

It looks really great - I like the bird 'middle' with that gem, too....& I keep forgetting the wonderful properties of alcohol inks!!! Thanks for the reminder:):)

Unknown said...

What a sweet little bird you received - great gift! And now you have made it very happy with a perch. So fun. Love that crystal in the center too. Both your creations are unique and fun. j.

Tone-Lill said...

Wow this is stunning Mitra and such a creative way to use laces....I absolutely love every bit of it :)