Jun 5, 2015

LESSology Challenge #48: Creative inspiration of Lizzy Hill


 photo Challenge-48-Lace-up-design-team-projects_zpst2uahfr5.jpg

It's almost the weekend! Perhaps you may find some time to play along with LESSology Challenge #48: Lace up! How about a little creative inspiration from design team member Lizzy Hill?

 photo Design-team-member-Lizzy_zps8033ad7b.jpg


Hi there! LESSology has an easy challenge this month. Use lace! And since it can be any sort of project [as long as you use at least one upcycled or recycled item], I reckon that makes it even easier!
I'm gradually altering my boxes and tins in my study & my craft room. So, today was this black box's turn:


My aim is blue, with a little green and pink as my craft room colours. Aim, I DID say!!! Probably never happen....but I'm trying;)

Anyways, here's the box now:


I've made lace butterflies! Started with food packaging. Punched the shapes. Gessoed and painted the butterflies.
 
 Added some lace, then mica flakes.
 
Cut them up, then sealed, added a little gesso [pink] and some Inkagold [in gold!] as finishing touches. 

 
The bodies & antennae are Liquid Pearls:
To create the box, I gessoed, then painted with Dusty Attic paints. Added some texture paste with a mask:
Then popped on some stamping, went over the whole box with a light champagne folk art paint....& smudged in a little Gelato in pink:
And then the final touch was some heat embossing with a stamp in gold:
And one final 'pretty' photo:
Hope I've motivated you to try and add a bit 'o' lace to summat or t'other!!!
Happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

4 comments:

SD pooja said...

Its Beautiful ! I loved the idea of using packaging and laces for butterflies !

Deena said...

Love your lace butterflies Lizzy, and your box is really pretty

Tone-Lill said...

This is stunning Lizzy, You never stop to amaze me with your creativity. The butterflies are absolutely gorgeous :)

Libby said...

Hi Yvonne--Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a kimd comment. I just had to stop by your blog and learn more about yur creations. This one, in particular, is quite beautiful and its concept is creative and motivating--because I have tthe same buttefly punch by Stampin' Up!, and your tutorial-styled post made me want to do more with the butterfly punches. This piece of artwork is beautiful!