Jan 9, 2014

LESSology Challenge #32: Creative inspiration of Mitra Pratt

 photo Challenge-32-You-hold-the-key-to-my-heart-design-team-projects_zps95cce865.jpg


Welcome to another design team inspiration session. Design team member Mitra Pratt always makes the coolest projects from found stuff. Let's see what she has in store for us this month for LESSology Challenge #32: You hold the key to my heart.

 photo Design-team-member-Mitra_zpse5c48df0.jpg

So the other day, I was cleaning off the top of my desk and ran across this bracelet I promised to fix for a friend.

























It was ambitious of me to say I'd fix it when I wasn't sure really how to do the knotting that was involved. The beads however were very pretty with little diamonds and I did really want to get it back in one piece.

Of course, one cannot just simply fix a bracelet and not make a fancy-dancy little container for it!

It was re-used metal container to which I added a foot out of a huge reused glass bead, a Tim Holtz clock, and some washi tape to the side. Built up the top with various bits of metal and a pearl jewelry head pin.



Really love how pretty the silver, gold and copper all go together for this little container!  Below is another view of the layers I used. You can also see a bit of the embossed green metal I used to fill the empty gap in the top. The Yuletide Tim Holtz piece is my favorite. Love that word! Sounds so festive!

The reason I used so many mixed metals on my container is because the bracelet has many different kinds of metals! From a shiny silver, antique bronze, to some copper! It's really pretty!

I used a little key, the gem covered button that was previously used to keep the bracelet closed, a gem heart, and a little bead dangle!

The key is inspired by our latest challenge here at LESSology to use a key in your project!


And I am happy to report, she LOVED both the box and bracelet! Hoping you will play along! Fun times! 

6 comments:

Rupa Swaminathan said...

OH I so love the bracelet and more so the container! Am sure your friend is going to love em all!

Radhika said...

Wow!! lovely container and the charm love it :)

SD pooja said...

AWESOME..In-spite of so much metal and metallic colors the project has turned out gorgeous n not grungy !! I loved hoe you have done layers at top .

Unknown said...

Wow.The top looks gorgeous.All the metal goodness.Droolworthy.:-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! This is just gorgeous!!!!!!

Channa said...

Gorgeous work,so pretty!