May 6, 2016

LESSology Challenge #58: Creative inspiration of Lizzy Hill

 photo Challenge-58-Chalkboard-Fun-Design-Team_zpsfbifrvfk.jpg

Do have a chalkboard lying around in your home? Maybe you can give them a little makeover like design tam member Lizzy Hill did for LESSology Challenge #58: Chalkboard Fun!

 photo Design-team-member-Lizzy_zps8033ad7b.jpg

This month our LESSology challenge is to play with a real or faux chalkboard, in whatever form you want to make it! Originally I was going to do a LO, using black gesso & then 'pretend' chalk
effect over top. I've done this before, on this page:

However, last Christmas I got a voucher for TYPO, a stationery store in Australia & I bought this cute little chalkboard which I've had hanging in my scrap room This is it 'in situ' - I haven't 'fancied up' my room here......


This challenge could have been MADE for me, eh?
Maybe you've got something similar that needs a bit of a do-over!
Here's it finished & back in place:


I started with a coat of gesso, then some paint layers...


Then some stamping:

And heat embossing:

Lastly, I found some old doily - cut it into bits & attached it for some
dimension. Coloured with some ink.

The final result:

Oh! I added some Mica flakes, too, for some glamour;)




Hoping you can join us in our LESSology challenge this month!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

4 comments:

SD pooja said...

Loved it ! the chalkboard looks fab with decorated frame :)

SD pooja said...

Loved it ! the chalkboard looks fab with decorated frame :)

Lizzyc said...

Wonderful transformation Lizzy.. I love it!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful! Love all the colors and textures! Awesome! And yes I DO have a few items that need makeovers! Great inspiration!