Feb 8, 2012

LESSology Challenge #11: Creative inspiration from Angi Barrs, Mandy Dodd and Julie Tucker-Wolek!


Photobucket

Ready for a second round of inspiration for LESSology Challenge #11: Flights of Fantasy from the design team? 

Angi Barrs

Happy Wednesday ya'll!  Angi here with a fun project that incorporates wood and canvas. I made a birdie and mini card set for the Flights of Fantasy Challenge.


I got the little wooden birdie from Michael's. I thought about painting it white, but changed my mind because I like the natural wood color. I used a glue dot to add a piece of recycled canvas and a mulberry paper flower to dress it up a bit.


I also made a coordinating mini card with more of the recycled canvas!


I can't wait to see what you all come up with for this challenge!

Mandy Dodd

Hi its Mandy here with a fun flight of fantasy!!

This takes me back to my childhood making a kite with my Dad.
He was wonderful at making 'stuff' and showing us kids how things worked.
Constructing it pretty much came back from memory ...

One piece of fabric.  I had a piece of yellow fabric
laying around, so I misted it orange!
Two pieces of wood, one longer than the other (depending how big the kite is to be. Mine is 22x16ins) and tie the middle where it criss-crosses with string  The taped area on the wood is where I'll tie the string that we hold onto to fly the kite.


Forgot to take a photo of the fine sting that runs from each point of the wood (rolling eyes) but you can make out its shadow where I've folded over the edges and glue down.



 Stamped all over with some hearts with white paint


Embellished with some white and yellow vintage doilies and buttons with some lemon seambinding and added the tail.

AND IT WORKS!!!


Kite flying is so much fun with the family...

And I'm really looking forward to your ideas too!


Julie Tucker-Wolek

Hi everyone!!! :)

For my flights of fantasy challenge, I decided to take a different approach with mine! This being the month of love ;) I went a little romantic on mine!!  I had some older banner pieces and I made a banner full of butterflies! :) 






Can't wait to see what you all create for this fun challenge! :)

Another round of jaw-dropping goodness...Are you blown away by the ideas by our awesome design team? We would love to see your entries for LESSology Challenge #11: Flights of Fantasy!

8 comments:

Ros said...

More fab creations ... loving that little wooden birdie!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee what Angi and Mandy made!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous projects. Love the variety of ideas!

mandysea said...

aaaw julie thanks... and yours is stunning as is Angie's too!! Lovely work!

Audrey Pettit said...

Great job, guys! LOVE these projects!

SuZeFashion said...

Love the diverse interpretations of the theme, each is so unique!

~amy~ said...

FABulous work ladies!!!

Unknown said...

Eeeek, another day of fabulous ideas...how do you gals do this? *smile* Looove every one of these projects and I want to CASE them all!