Sep 21, 2011

LESSology Challenge #2: Creative Projects of Angi Barrs, Mandy Dodd and Julie Tucker-Wolek! :)



Photobucket

Today we get to see the creative projects of Angi Barrs, Mandy Dodd and Julie Tucker-Wolek.


Photobucket

Hello everyone! This is my very first Trinket Box and I'm so happy to share it with you all today.
This started out as a plain wooden box (from Hobby Lobby).
I painted it black, added some patterned paper, and a red Prima flower. Prima flowers go with everything...including altered trinket boxes. 

The inside of the box is lined with recycled dictionary paper and red burlap.
I filled it with more Prima flowers.
Now it's time for you guys to join in on the fun!
I can't wait to see your Altered Trinket Boxes!

Photobucket

Hi (waving) it's me, Mandy and here's my project to share with you:

I love these little note card boxes by Prima.  After using all the little cards from inside, these boxes seem just too good to throw away!
So I decided to 'dress' one up! 
 This one is from the gorgeous Moulin Rouge range.
One thing I love to do is make up yoyo's out of scrap fabric, and these were perfect to hide away in my little box.
Here's the alteration:
By using one of the note cards, it became perfect for the top of the lid, which was embellished (see top photo).
And on the inside, the stark white underside of the lid needed painting.
And the base also was quite 'white' so used some left over Moulin Rouge paper to cover it.
And another pic of the end result!
Thanks for looking!

Photobucket

Hi everyone :)
I am excited to share my altered trinket box today! :)
I started off with a box lunch box from Chick-Fil-A ... *yum*! :):):)
I added paper to the top and the sides and then on the sides, I used a stamp pad to give the  cardstock a unique design :)
To cover up the seams of the box, I added twine :) And the top I added a few embellies! :)
I am going to use this box for the little things that I want to save for future scrap pages, (ticket stubs from movies, shows that we go to, postcards, trinkets) things that I ALWAYS WANT to use on my scrap pages and I will randomly place in different places on my desk and then forget where I put them...lol! So, now I have a box to put them in so I don't misplace them! :)
Thanks for stopping by...and I can't wait to see what you create for this challenge! :):)
Is your head brimming with ideas for your own trinket box? We would love for you to play along with LESSology Challenge #2: The Trinket Box. Please leave a little love for our designers. :)

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee what Angi and Mandy made!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

~amy~ said...

fabbie job ladies!!!

TesaB said...

You are one talented bunch of ladies. WOW! Awesome projects, all of them.

Dora said...

Ow wow girls...amazing boxes, great work

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!