Our guest designer for Challenge #2: The trinket box is the talented Roni Johnson! :)
Roni is a lifelong artist and the author of the daily rubber stamping and altered arts blog Ink Stains with Roni . She is also the author of Teach Yourself Visually Collage and Altered Arts - a technique-oriented book that encompasses a wide variety of projects, mediums and areas. Roni also designs for various manufacturers and retail companies in the rubber stamping and altered arts. When she isn't creating, she enjoys spending time with family on their small farm in rural Indiana, scouring various flea markets or antique malls for unique vintage finds, reading and pursuing her love of photography.
She shares a tutorial for this unique upcycled candy tin...
1. Sand tin to scratch up the surface to ensure a good bond.
2. Apply desired colors of Distress Stain to fabric scraps and allow to dry completely.
3. Adhere the fabric to the tin using Multi-Medium and foam brush. Let the tin dry completely.
4. Adhere vintage paper ephemera to Grunge Paper.
5. Die-Cut leaves, flowers Grunge Board/Paper and border strip from Foil Tape Sheet.
6. Add color to the leaves and flowers with the Distress Stain. Color the foil border with Adirondack Alcohol Inks.
7. Affix raffia to the lid of the tin; top with stained leaves and stacked flower.
8. Finally finish off the tin by adhering the foil border strip to the tin and cover the top with a piece of black ribbon.
Supplies:Upcycled Candy Tin, Sandpaper, Fabric Scraps, Distress Stains - Ranger Industries, Multi-Medium (Collage Glue) - Ranger Industries, Foam Brush, Vintage Book Pages, Sheet Music, etc., Grunge Board; Grunge Paper; Chipboard; or something similar (for flowers & leaves),Tattered Florals & Tattered Leaves Dies - Sizzix, Nestabilities Border Die - Spellbinders, Foil Tape Sheets - Ranger Industries, Adirondack Alcohol Inks - Ranger Industries, Wonder Tape - Ranger Industries, Raffia, Black Ribbon
Isn't this a totally unique box? Please leave a comment for our guest Roni. :)
Get your entries in for LESSology Challenge #2: The Trinket Box! Challenge ends on Sunday, October 2, 11.59pm EST. Please read the challenge rules to ensure your eligibility for our prizes.