Nov 1, 2011

LESSology Challenge #5: Creative projects of Audrey Pettit, Kirsty Vittetoe and Yvonne Yam



Photobucket


Are you ready to check out our design team projects for LESSology Challenge #5: Jars of Cuteness? Today we get to see what Audrey Pettit, Kirsty Vittetoe and Yvonne Yam did with their jars! :)

Audrey Pettit

Hi everyone! It's Audrey, here with a fun fall harvest treat container idea for our 5th challenge, the altered jar.


I love using recycled jars as gift containers. They come in many shapes and sizes and are ideal for all sorts of sweet treats or small gifts. I packed mine full of candy corn, one of my father's favorite candies. Dressed up with a harvest theme, this made a sweet little addition to his birthday celebration this past weekend.


This sweet jar project was not only fun, but simple and quick, too. All I needed were a few supplies I already had on hand, and the help of my handy-dandy glue gun.



Start by laying your jar lid onto a piece of burlap. Trace a large circle around the lid. No need to measure or be perfect. Just give yourself a large enough circle to fold over the sides of the lid with some allowance for extra to create a ruffled trim. I machine stitched around my traced circle before cutting it out. This keeps the burlap from continuing to fray. Then place a small dot of hot glue in the center of the outside of the jar lid and adhere to the burlap circle. Working in small sections at a time, run a bead of hot glue around the edge of the lid and fold the burlap over the edge. Once you are finished, hot glue trim around the jar lid.

Now have fun embellishing your jar to match your theme. Since I was going for a fall harvest look, I added natural elements of leaves and acorns. Both are my upcycled items for today's project. The acorns came straight from my yard, and the leaves were die cut and stamped from a panel taken from an old shipping box. I added a touch of inking in harvest colors, and stamped a banner flag to attach with a memo pin.

Kirsty Vittetoe

I was going to alter my mason jar but then it is brand new and clean so I am keeping it for something else, then I search through my kitchen cabinet and found this glass jar (vase?) I bought it from Ikea at least 8 years ago, it was old and I spent some time cleaning it and give it a new look....


after cleaning the jar, I pick this up from my front porch 


pull a bit of green and brown moss from the artificial flower arrangement, and plant my tiny tree in the jar...


print my favorite bear Winnie the pooh from my folder, color it with chalk, cut it out...


now the fun part, do you remember these page pebbles from long long time ago, LOL! (i think they are at least 15 years old), they used to be clear, now they aged and turned yellow, but it is PERFECT for my little balloon...


a little hot glue to keep the wire in between 2 pieces of the pebbles makes that little yellow balloon looks even more realistic...


now my pooh bear and his beloved ballon...


there is a secret that I am going to reveal now, this is what my craft table looks like all year round, but I really have a good reason for keeping those "unwanted" pieces....

see, a tiny craft punch (do they still sell these?) and all those bits and pieces of tiny paper never go to waste....


aww.... my favorite time of the year..... 


see those "mess" the hot glue left? I think they make perfect spider webs, so I just left them there....


here's my cute jar....


and ya, we need to show you a close up of what Pooh said to the balloon...





Hi! Yvonne here to share my jar of cuteness! :) 

Out of this world jar

An out of this world jar that lights up! :)
I started with an empty plastic jar from the kitchen...


Glued some Bo Bunny patterned paper and ribbon.

 I added a flickering light from an old lantern to the cover.

Three very different jars but all cute in their own unique way. We would love to see your fun take on LESSology Challenge #5: Jars of Cuteness! :) Please leave some love for our designers.

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! Sooooooooooooooo cute cute cute! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee all of them! :):):):):):):):):):):)

mandysea said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!
Wow, I feel blown away!

stunning works of art!

Audrey Frelx said...

Love Pooh Bear's ballon on Audrey's beautiful jar!!! And as always the DT did a super job on their projects too!!! Enjoyed seeing them all!!!

Ros said...

These are so amazing!!! Love them all

Katy said...

These jars are so cool. The Pooh one is sooooo sweet! And there really is a light in the jar! How cool is that! And the candy corn jar, what a nice way to give something to somebody! Very excited about this challenge. Thanks ya'll!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun challenge this is! LOVED playing along with this one, and love what you have done with yours, Kirsty and Yvonne! That Winnie the Pooh is just fabulous. And Yvonne, yours is so, so cool!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOOOOOW! What amazing projects--I really love love love your leaf topper for the jar! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Cute!!! So cute!!! Love Audrey's candy corn jar, so festive and sweet! Yvonne's just is just fantastic, I can imaging your little nephews jumping with joy when they see that cute jar with light!

Lynnda said...

Ladies over here are too "wicked" with genius ideas!!! Love them all... Awesome... hugs...xoxo

Marina said...

OMG the pooh bear jar really took my breath away!!! So beyond awesome!!! Heart the cute jar that lights up too! What a brilliant idea! Awesome DT, everything here are just so beautiful!

sandi said...

Fabo! Love these!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

I Love All of them!!