Mar 6, 2014

LESSology Challenge #34: Creative inspiration of Mitra Pratt

 photo Challenge-34-Laundry-day-design-team-projects_zps41947ece.jpg


Hello there! Hope you are busy working on your projects for LESSology Challenge #34: Laundry Day. Today's inspiration is by design team member Mitra Pratt.

 photo Design-team-member-Mitra_zpse5c48df0.jpg




















Did you know that you can stain clothespins?

Yeah, me neither! I used clothing dye to turn mine black, but I hear food dye does the trick too!

I stared off with six clothes pins and let them sit in the dye bath for around a half hour.

To my surprise it worked perfectly!



















Decorating them was easier than I thought too. I used some pretty little gems from The Funkie Junkie on one set along wtih some black glitter and on the other set I used some Prima Vintage Mechanicals from the same store along with a small metal top I had left over from a previous project.

Some flower images from Nicecrane Designs were carefully cut for the centers!

Now the Paris clips are hanging out in my kitchen to help keep snack bags shut. The Flower Clips are hard at work in my scrapbooking area.




















They are nailed onto this cork board and will keep some of my little things handy.

7 comments:

SD pooja said...

Wonderful !loved how you have decorated them !

Rupa Swaminathan said...

This is just stunning...thanks for sharing. Am definitely trying this!

Lizzy Hill said...

Sooo clever....you are the Queen of 'fiddly' scrapping. I so would NOT have the patience!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh these are awesome!!!!!!

Ella Swan said...

Very slick project my friend & you have given me an idea for my LSG!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is awesome! Thanks for the tips!

Radhika said...

lovely.. beautifully decorated pins..:)