Sep 8, 2015

LESSology Challenge #51: Creative inspiration of Yvonne Yam

 photo Challenge-51-Its-reading-time-design-team_zpsvaurxv1h.jpg

Is your head spinning around with fabulous ideas for LESSology Challenge #51: It's reading time!? Perhaps a mini fabric book album? Or a chipboard book album? Why not check out what design team member Yvonne Yam came up with?

Yvonne Yam photo Design-team-member-Yvonne.gif

These days I've been obsessed with drawing and painting faces in my altered book art journal. 

So, I decided that I would do the same for the cover of my journal.


I started with this book cover...


I adhered strips of patterned paper scraps with matte medium.


After a coat of white gesso to prep the surface, I went in with some shimmering mists and a stencil. [If you want to totally cover up the patterned papers, you might need a few coats of gesso.]


Next I went in with some acrylic paints...


Then I drew and painted my mixed media girl...


It was so much fun! And I love seeing the subtle patterns from the patterned paper base. Hope you will play along with LESSology Challenge #51: It's reading time! :)

8 comments:

StirYourCreativity said...

Awestruck! The face has come out so well. And those eyes, they literally speak

Jasleen Kaur said...

Fabulous !

Suchi said...

Your painting is fabulous...lovely art!! :)
Suchi xx

SD pooja said...

Its Awesome !! Loved the idea of using pp strips to create texture n add patterns and what to say about you mixed media girl..Beautiful !!

Lizzy Hill said...

Looks incredible.....love how you've popped your girl over those paper strips. Works a treat!!

Lizzyc said...

She is stunning! And brilliant creating to get that beautiful result!

Tone-Lill said...

Gorgeous look of the portrait... your book cover is stunning Yvonne

Rupa Swaminathan said...

This is a work of art. .so beautiful.