Jan 7, 2016

LESSology Challenge #54: Creative inspiration of Mitra Pratt

 photo Challenge-54-Candy-Land-Design-Team_zpsbro2pqsg.jpg

Step into a candy store and you are a kid again! The bright and happy colours just make you smile.:) Let's see how design team member Mitra Pratt was inspired by LESSology Challenge#54: Candy Land
 photo Design-team-member-Mitra_zpse5c48df0.jpg






































I have been holding on to these little bird cages from the second hand store for ages! Since the July time frame to be exact. It wasn't until recently that I glued them up with two different metal candlesticks using some epoxy. I had planned on spraying them black or white and then fancying them up with some flowers. However, when I originally had posted them on my blog, someone commented on their pretty bright colors! So, I saved myself a step and just painted their bases with some gold spray paint!


I also added a smidge of gold spray at the top and used epoxy to adhere upcycled toppers. The crystal one is a knob and the gold a lamp finial. The only new items used on these bird cages are the rock star glass birds and velvet flowers. The birds were on sale at the Corning Musuem of Glass and I had to have them. They were Christmas ornaments but I took the clip off the bottom so I could snuggle them down into that deep green spanish moss.


Those gold mesh leaves were also Christmas ornaments and were hanging out at the second hand store. I wired them them on and then hot glued on those velvet petaloo flowers. Loved the peachy rose color! All these bright colors fit right in with our challenge here at LESSology to use candy colors to inspire your work!






































It hasn't been acting much like winter here lately so I've got them out on display in the kitchen where I can enjoy them! They remind me of spring!

Hope you can join us!

5 comments:

Lizzyc said...

These look great Mitra, the kind of bird I would love to keep!

StirYourCreativity said...

Wow great project

SD pooja said...

Its awesome how you have combined different thing like cage,candle stand and knob to make these beautiful showpieces ! Loved it !

Lizzy Hill said...

Absolutely stunning! They look glorious - & the little birds. No wonder you had to have them! LOOOOVE!!

Curls N Twirls said...

Oh its such a Beauty !! I loved the Golden Colour Cage ..