Jun 7, 2016

LESSology Challenge #59: Creative inspiration of Yvonne Yam

 photo Challenge-59-Neon-inspired-Design-Team_zpsfl6khtsb.jpg

Bright and bold neon colours make me happy! So put a little colour on and join us for LESSology Challenge #59: Neon-inspired! Let's check out what design team member Yvonne Yam came up with. 

Yvonne Yam photo Design-team-member-Yvonne.gif

I recently did a spring-cleaning of my lingerie drawer so I had little pieces of pretty lace from old bras that I wanted to use on my project.


So I adhered them to a canvas board, then painted white gesso over it. Because the lace pieces were not big enough to cover the whole canvas, I used a stencil and some heavy gesso to create a more cohesive background.


Then I went in with a bright orange mist. Love how the lace textures show through from all the little nooks and crannies.


I finished with bright yellow and green embellishments.



6 comments:

SD pooja said...

Bright n beautiful !

Lizzyc said...

Lovely, love the texture..

Lisa said...

So beautiful!!! I just love the idea of using bits and pieces from your old clothes ...

~amy~ said...

Now that's some fun upcycling....awesome project.

Lizzy Hill said...

Gorgeous! Sooo darn creative...& that pop of Orange is divine!!!!

Curls N Twirls said...

Wow.. Your works are so bright and colourful.. Green really caught my fancy!!!