Nov 5, 2013

LESSology Challenge #31: Creative inspiration of Kirsty Vittetoe and Yvonne Yam


 photo Challenge--31-Toy-Story-design-team-projects_zps28c925a6.jpg

Ready to check out what design team members Kirsty Vittetoe and Yvonne Yam did for LESSology Challenge #31: Toy Story

Kirsty Vittetoe

My kids are all grown so I do not have a lot of toys at home, but I did manage to find these wooden blocks in one of those boxes in the garage that labeled "Garage Sale".


I painted them red and green and that is where I start my project.

The next 2 items for this project is the candle stand found at thrift store for a dollar fifty, I just love the thrift store, I wanted to get a mason jar but thought this cheese jar looks as good, and it's free!


glittered christmas tree and holly


which kid doesn't like to stick their feet into the snow?


Now I got myself a decor piece for my winter mantel





Merry Christmas in advance!

Yvonne Yam photo Design-team-member-Yvonne.gif


So I rummaged through my "Save it for a rainy day" stash and found a doll's jacket! :)


 I thought it would be perfect for a canvas on my niece! *LOL*
The canvas was coloured with Derwent Inktense blocks and topped with Ranger distress glitter for lots of sparkle. The stars were created with a stencil and covered with Golden mica flakes.


Okay I might have totally gone overboard with my niece's "outfit" ....but she loves to play "dress up"! *winks*
Some paper piecing with scrap paper for her hat, mica flakes to "bling" it up, sparkly angel wings...*LOL*

Come join in the fun...go see what you can find in your toy box!

4 comments:

Lynnda said...

Ahhh Kirsty And Yvonne!!! You both nailed them!... These are utterly beautiful!... Genius creations!.... AAAAAWesome.... hugs...x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are BOTH GENIUS!!! I just loveeeeeeeeeee them!!!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fun project Yvonne!

Connie Mercer said...

awesome work ladies!!